A Mode Built Basement
Your basement has a lot of potential.
Basement developments are the perfect way to create more space for life with many options to make it more functional and enjoyable for you and your family. The Mode Built team will talk through your vision and give you a detailed quote so you know exactly what to expect for the renovation cost and timeline. We’re also experts in obtaining permits for legal secondary suites and we build everything to code. Ready to make your basement more than just storage space?
Home entertainment area
Bedrooms + bathrooms
Common + game rooms
We have just completed finishing our basement with Mode and we couldn’t be happier. The initial quote we received from Ryan was the most detailed of all the ones we got and the only one to incorporate some of the things that we had discussed with him that were unique to our project versus a standard basement renovation.– Laura Compton, Mode Built Client
Questions? We have answers.
Basement Renovation FAQ
We know it’s a lot to get into. It’s hard to know where to start. We’ve provided the answers to some common questions about our basement development and remodeling services. Have a question we didn’t cover? No problem, just give us a call!
Basement renovation costs can range significantly based on the size of the space, the number of rooms and the type of finishes (flooring, cabinetry, lighting, etc) the homeowner chooses. Contact us to schedule an estimate for your project. On average you can expect to spend around $45000 on a standard 600-700 sq ft basement.
Timelines will vary based on the scope of your project, however, a typical basement development will take 10 – 12 weeks.
If you would like to generate extra income by converting your basement into a legal suite, we can help. Mode Built works closely with the City of Edmonton to obtain proper permits and build a suite to code so you can feel confident the job was done right. Mode Built is a trusted Edmonton basement suite contractor. At a high level, these would be some of the additional costs and requirements for developing you legal suite:
- Secondary Access
- Secondary Heating Source
- Sound Proofing
First, we know how important family time is so we’ll never be in your space during evenings or weekends. Here’s what you can expect to happen when you decide to work with us.
- A team member will come to the house for an initial site visit to take accurate measurements and get a sense of your project goals.
- We’ll generate your free estimate based on the square footage of the space and your renovation ideas. We’ll also take this time to thoroughly answer all of your questions to make sure you’re comfortable with all aspects of the project. We understand how important it is to trust your contractor.
- If you want to move forward we’ll finalize the quote after making detailed design decisions with you (flooring, cabinetry, paint, lighting, etc). We understand how stressful it can be to have initial and final cost estimates that vary significantly, so we aim to give as accurate an initial quote as possible.
- Once the contract is signed, Mode Built obtains all the necessary permits for the job.
- A start date is agreed upon, and Shaun and the team get to work! We work 8am to 5pm, and a home owner never has to be home while we are there, as we have an electronic lock on each front door.
We have a two-year warranty on materials and labor that starts from the end of a project and covers defects in materials and/or the outcome of improper installation. However, by aligning ourselves from the start with high quality tradespeople and materials, we aim to significantly reduce any need for warranty service. All projects are built to Alberta Building Code only after the proper permits have been obtained.
Work with us
Ready for an estimate on your space?
Fill out this form and a member of our team will be in touch to schedule a home visit.